CSP: Thermal Energy Storage
GE understands that storage capacity is essential to meet the need for flexible power generation. Our innovative and efficient solar thermal storage solutions provide customers with on-demand energy.
Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) plants can provide grid stability, with storage capacity that allows up to 24 hours of operation. Building on our vast experience with boiler technology and advanced heat-absorbing materials, GE's Molten Salt Central Receiver (MSCR) solution enables flexible power generation at a competitive cost.
GE’s unique MSCR features and advantages:
- Broad range of sizes, for increased plant flexibility
- Proprietary coatings to maximize solar energy absorption
- Low pressure operation to minimize auxiliary power consumption
- Fast start-up to increase solar capture
- Proprietary lifting concept to improve safety and reduce tower construction time