An Ideal Solution For...
Every customer is different and every project is unique. GE's energy storage team specializes in bringing the right technologies together to configure custom solutions to meet a variety of needs. We work with our customers to match the right mix of technology with their application so they can get the maximum value out of their system. Energy storage can help grid assets work better and more efficiently in a variety of applications, including:
- Energy Management
Storage systems can help reduce cost and regulate energy during peak demand times, assist with photo-voltaic (PV) self-consumption (energy used directly in the building where a PV system is located) and improve overall power quality.
- Transmission And Distribution
Energy storage solutions can contribute to capacity management, asset deferral, frequency regulation, harmonic suppression, voltage support and power quality.
- Microgrid, Thermal And Renewable Power
Microgrid applications can assist with grid management, PV integration and grid optimization.
The Battery Energy Storage solutions team is now a part of Current. Current, powered by GE, will meet the unique needs of a wide range of utility, Commercial & Industrial and municipal customers and provide them with Predix enabled hardware and software they need to be more reliable, efficient, and profitable. Current will deliver a combination of financing with GE's physical and digital capabilities across energy efficiency, solar, storage, and onsite power. Visit Current, powered by GE website.
The GE advantage
GE is making energy storage systems economic and competitive through differentiated technology expertise. There is not one system solution for all energy storage needs. GE looks at each project individually to figure out what the best solution is for a particular site.
As solutions provider, GE focuses on full system performance rather than individual component pieces, allowing customers to match power production with power demand in real-time and utilize grid assets more efficiently.
LET US HELP YOU
Want to get the most out of your renewable energy assets? Reach out to GE's team to start the conversation.
GE’s differentiated technology expertise includes:
- We use modeling expertise to identify anticipated battery performance and value analysis to forecast grid performance and expected profitability.
- As a world leader in control systems, we offer GE's enhanced Mark*VI controls for grid connected systems with years of experience in wind, thermal and hydro.
- We have power electronics and a proud history of supplying AC hardware, including GE Brilliance* MW inverters, transformers and medium-voltage switchgear equipment, to global utility customers.
- GE has a deep technical understanding of all cell designs, thermal management, and other key battery-related elements, ensuring that customers receive the best batteries for the job.
- GE provides system enclosures, which are designed to help optimize battery life and performance via fit-for-purpose, or enclosures specifically designed for certain systems. The modular buildings make servicing easier and reduce downtime.