- 30% pumping mode adjustment range
- +1% weighted average efficiency in turbine mode
LET US HELP YOU
Want to get the most out of your renewable energy assets? Reach out to your GE team to start the conversation.
Variable Speed Hydro Generators
GE's Variable Speed Hydro Generators offer an innovative, integrated solution for pumped storage plants.
Key benefits include:
- Regulation of energy absorbed in pumping mode, facilitating energy storage when power levels on the network are low, helping to reduce starts and stops and regulate network frequency or voltage in pumping mode.
- Operating close to the turbine's optimal efficiency point, which results in a significant increase in global plant efficiency.
- Elimination of operation modes prone to hydraulic instability or cavitation, resulting in improved reliability, reduced maintenance, and increased lifetime. It also results in a reduction in the pump turbine submergence level, reducing civil engineering costs.
- Operating in a wider head range, increasing the availability of the plant.
- Correcting sudden voltage disruptions/variations caused by network problems thanks to instantaneous power output adjustment.